MooLux is Live-USB Linux based on linux Slackware that can be installed to hard drive with focus on Internet applications, multimedia and programming tools. It is a complete system with software for Internet browsing, mail, chat,multimedia and office, game as well as for programming in C, Perl, and Python. The main objectives of MooLux Linux are to be simple and one-task-one-application, be a complete development and desktop environment such as KDE. The latest version of Moolux is MooLux-5.4 (released 08 July 2009)
MooLux is designed to be a full system right out of the box. Moolux has all you need USB Disk 1GB. Now we know all you need is not always all you want. Linux is all about choices, right. Moolux can also easily expand using packages from Slackware or other Slackware 3rd party sites. Included in moolux Is a small collection of simple games. These are not meant to impress, they are just a taste of the real fun you can have with MooLux. Try MooLux for full time and see if you are not impressed with this. And if you find anything that needs improvement let we know.
- Based on Slackware 12.2 with kernel 126.96.36.199
- Kernel support Aufs, squashfs, Squashfs-lzma, and Bootsplash
- Kaffeine Media Player-0.8.8 with Full Codecs from Mplayer
- Firefox-3.0.11 with Flashgot, Thunderbird-188.8.131.52, Pidgin-2.5.8 with guification
- K3B-1.0.5 Grsync-3.0.2, Gftp-2.0.18, ktorrent-2.2.7
- gparted-0.3.8, Gslapt-0.4.0
- gimp-2.4.6, qcomicbook-0.3.4,StarDict-3.0.1
- Bluefish-1.0.7,kchmviewer-3.1.2, Supertux-0.1.3
- Wlassistant-0.5.7, KDEBluetooth-1.0-Beta
- and many others……..
These are the minimal hardware requirements to run MooLux in with correct performance (some lower configs work, but might be slow) :
- PIV or better, Pentium or AMD are both OK.
- 512 MB of RAM
- No harddisk is required if run Live-USB.
- 1GB space to install Live Mode
- 3GB linux partition space to install Real Mode