Slackware 13.0 has been released. This new version of Slackware is considered a landmark release and contains many new features. The most prominent are as follows …
- An official 64-bit port of Slackware
- Linux kernel 188.8.131.52 is the default kernel in Slackware 13.
- KDE 4 (version 4.2.4) is the default desktop. Previous version of Slackware had KDE 3 bundled with it.
- Xfce 4.6.1 desktop.
- X11 based on the X.Org Foundation’s modular X Window System.
- Support for fully encrypted network connections with OpenSSL,
OpenSSH, OpenVPN, and GnuPG.
- Latest version of Firefox (3.5.2) web browser
- An extra repository contain complied and ready to run software such as Java 2, Intel video drivers for X, an Mplayer browser plugin and so on.
… and much more.
You can download Slackware 13 from one of its official mirror sites. You may also choose to support the continued development of Slackware Linux by buying a set of CDs or a DVD set from the Slackware store